You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Lowy Institute for International Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy Political Geography Australia Remove constraint Political Geography: Australia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Agriculture Remove constraint Topic: Agriculture
- Author: Joel Negin, Jolyon Ford
- Publication Date: 10-2009
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy
- Abstract: Zimbabwe's long night is by no means over. Nearly a year after the violent and disputed March 2008 elections, and months after the September signing of a 'Global Political Agreement' with the ruling ZANU-PF party, the main faction of the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) agreed in February to take part in a coalition government in which its leader, Morgan Tsvangirai, became Prime Minister. The state apparatus in Zimbabwe is currently shared uneasily by reformers and reactionaries with each of the MDC and ZANU-PF having half of the cabinet seats. Hardline ZANU-PF elements remain in government and control the security services, and a quiet but intense power struggle continues.
- Topic: Security, Agriculture, Development, Foreign Aid, Food
- Political Geography: Africa, Australia, Zimbabwe