You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Kolleg-Forschergruppe "The Transformative Power of Europe" Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Kolleg-Forschergruppe "The Transformative Power of Europe" Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Ethnic Conflict Remove constraint Topic: Ethnic Conflict
- Author: Barbara Gaweda, Marco Siddi
- Publication Date: 05-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Kolleg-Forschergruppe "The Transformative Power of Europe"
- Abstract: Twenty-one years after the collapse of the Soviet Union, the international community has not yet managed to solve the four separatist conflicts that broke out in the wake of the USSR's demise. With the help of their patron states (Russia and, in the case of Nagorno-Karabakh, Armenia), the self-proclaimed Republics of Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Nagorno-Karabakh have become de facto states with separate political institutions and economic structures.
- Topic: Cold War, Economics, Ethnic Conflict, Political Economy, Sovereignty
- Political Geography: Russia