You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution International Peace Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: International Peace Institute Political Geography Nigeria Remove constraint Political Geography: Nigeria
- Author: Naureen Chowdhury Fink, Paul Romita, Till Papenfuss
- Publication Date: 03-2011
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: International Peace Institute
- Abstract: Much has already been written about the 2011 Security Council. This has been with good reason. The current configuration of powerful non-permanent members with aspirations for permanent seats is notable. As a result, there has been widespread speculation regarding the impact so many large members will have on the tone and substance of the Council's work this year. Like last year, when countries like Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, and Turkey all served together, the collective strength of the non-permanent or elected membership is impressive.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, International Cooperation, International Organization, United Nations, War
- Political Geography: Japan, Turkey, Libya, Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria