You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution International Crisis Group Remove constraint Publishing Institution: International Crisis Group Political Geography Arab Countries Remove constraint Political Geography: Arab Countries Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Publication Date: 09-2005
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: International Crisis Group
- Abstract: Instead of healing the growing divisions between Iraq's three principal communities -- Shiites, Kurds and Sunni Arabs -- a rushed constitutional process has deepened rifts and hardened feelings. Without a strong U.S.-led initiative to assuage Sunni Arab concerns, the constitution is likely to fuel rather than dampen the insurgency, encourage ethnic and sectarian violence, and hasten the country's violent break-up.
- Topic: Government, Religion, Terrorism
- Political Geography: Iraq, Middle East, Arab Countries, Kurdistan