You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Institute of International Relations Prague Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: International Political Economy
- Author: Michal Šimečka
- Publication Date: 02-2017
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague
- Abstract: Under pressure from overlapping crises, writes Michal Šimečka in his newest policy paper, the European Union is embracing a more assertive role in security. The election of Donald Trump has added a further sense of urgency and purpose to EU defence cooperation. The pursuit of European strategic autonomy is not just a matter of upgrading capabilities, building institutions, or re-calibrating EU–NATO cooperation. It is also a struggle to re-invent the EU’s identity. The Czech Republic emerged as a supporter of the new dynamic, but Prague should do more to back its rhetorical support with tangible commitments and policy leadership.
- Topic: International Political Economy, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Europe