You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Institute of International Education Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute of International Education Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Globalization Remove constraint Topic: Globalization
- Author: Scott J. Freidheim
- Publication Date: 03-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Institute of International Education
- Abstract: Scott Freidheim spoke at the British Academy's International Conference in London in March 2012, presenting U.S. perspectives on study abroad as part of an international panel. At the conference, the British Academy and the University Council of Modern Languages (UCML) released a joint position statement, Valuing the Year Abroad, that advocated support for funding a third year abroad for British undergraduate students and that drew on case studies from a survey they conducted among study abroad alumni. With representatives from the United States, China, and Germany, the international panel was invited to discuss British government and higher education policy on study abroad, and other countries' policies and best practices in study abroad.
- Topic: International Relations, Education, Globalization
- Political Geography: United States, China, London, Germany