You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Fourth Freedom Forum Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Fourth Freedom Forum Political Geography Philippines Remove constraint Political Geography: Philippines Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Rafia Bhulai, Christina Nemr
- Publication Date: 09-2018
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Fourth Freedom Forum
- Abstract: As policymakers and practitioners in Southeast Asia increasingly recognize the importance of investing in preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) measures, it is critical to integrate a gender analysis when developing related national action plans, strategies, and programs. This policy brief examines examines key challenges, gaps, and needs of national and regional stakeholders and concludes with recommendations for these actors to consider in advancing gender sensitive P/CVE policy and practice in the region. The brief draws on desk research and extensive consultations with a range of civil society actors, experts, policymakers, and practitioners from the region, including a regional workshop and gender-sensitive P/CVE projects undertaken by local civil society organizations, supported by the Global Center and the government of the Netherlands.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Civil Society, Gender Issues, Violent Extremism, Counter-terrorism, Women
- Political Geography: Indonesia, Malaysia, Asia, Philippines, Thailand, Southeast Asia, Myanmar