You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Finnish Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Finnish Institute of International Affairs Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Political Economy
- Author: Katri Pynnöniemi
- Publication Date: 11-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Finnish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: Rumour has it that prior to his first visit to Beijing in spring 2008, President Medvedev instructed officials at the Ministry of Trade and Development to take a picture of Moscow that would aptly convey Russia's drive for modernization and innovation to his Chinese hosts. In carrying out his orders, employees from the ministry spent two months looking for a suitable place to photograph, but it is not known whether they were successful in their quest or not. Perhaps the story is only apocryphal, and no such order was ever given. Nevertheless, the anecdote has sown the seeds of doubt in the minds of the country's current leadership that there is actually not that much to see when it comes to the campaign for the 'technological modernization' of Russia.
- Topic: Development, Emerging Markets, Markets, Political Economy, Science and Technology
- Political Geography: Russia, China, Moscow