You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution EGMONT - The Royal Institute for International Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: EGMONT - The Royal Institute for International Relations Political Geography Syria Remove constraint Political Geography: Syria Topic Armed Struggle Remove constraint Topic: Armed Struggle
- Author: Joris Couvreur
- Publication Date: 01-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: EGMONT - The Royal Institute for International Relations
- Abstract: On the eve of the Geneva II conference and amid continued fighting on the ground, this short paper seeks to draw up a roadmap, indicating the different stages and steps on the way to a sustainable political settlement of the conflict in Syria. A longer term perspective is put forward, adopting a broad-based and inclusive approach, focused on a Syrian-led transition process under international supervision with the assistance of key third countries, thus preparing the w ay for a multi-party democratic post-Baath future.
- Topic: Political Violence, International Cooperation, Armed Struggle
- Political Geography: Middle East, Syria