You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Pakistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Pakistan Topic NATO Remove constraint Topic: NATO
- Author: Mona Kanwal Sheik
- Publication Date: 09-2009
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: Until now debates on initiating dialogue with the Taliban have mainly focused on the Afghan Taliban, whereas many of the difficulties that U.S. and NATO forces are facing stem from the militant spillover from Pakistan. This brief outlines why it is important to broaden the debate through a disaggregation of the major factions of the Pakistani Taliban and discusses in what sense a “good, bad and ugly Taliban” distinction can be a viable policy option.
- Topic: NATO
- Political Geography: Pakistan, United States, Europe, Taliban