You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Denmark Remove constraint Political Geography: Denmark Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Migration Remove constraint Topic: Migration
- Author: Nauja Kleist
- Publication Date: 05-2009
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: Diaspora and migrant associations are often praised as new 'agents of change' for their contributions to development in their countries of origin. While much is known about Latin American hometown associations, there has been less focus on African diaspora associations. This DIIS Brief examines Somali and Ghanaian migrant associations in Denmark and their involvement in development. It shows how associations involve themselves on the basis of particular loyalties and emphasizes the importance of local partners and collaboration.
- Topic: Migration, Poverty, Diaspora
- Political Geography: Africa, Europe, Denmark, Latin America