You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Globalization Remove constraint Topic: Globalization
- Author: Trine Flockhart, Li Xing
- Publication Date: 12-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: The re-emergence of China as a key political and economic actor since the liberalization of the late 1970s may well turn out to be one of the most important developments in recent world history. China's economic impact is already felt worldwide, cemented by China's new status as the world's second largest economy, after it overtook Germany in 2009 and Japan in 2010. The question now is what impact China's increasing economic and political power will have on the existing international system and established institutional order, built largely on Western principles and liberal values that are not shared by China.
- Topic: Globalization, International Cooperation
- Political Geography: United States, Japan, China, Europe