You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Council on International Policy (CIP) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Council on International Policy (CIP) Political Geography Philippines Remove constraint Political Geography: Philippines Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Catherine S. Panaguiton
- Publication Date: 03-2017
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Council on International Policy (CIP)
- Abstract: Chinese incursions in disputed waters in the SCS and WPS started from as early as the 1950s. However, they were scant and far in between. As decades passed, Chinese surveillance and incursions and the incidents between PRC, RP and Vietnam have increased in these areas. Rapid reclamation activities by PRC and the construction of installations on them (many of which are of a military nature)7, amidst protests by its neighbors (including the Philippines) and claimant states, have likewise increased the tensions.
- Topic: International Law, Peace Studies
- Political Geography: China, Philippines