You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Political Geography South Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: South Asia Topic International Trade and Finance Remove constraint Topic: International Trade and Finance
- Author: Peter Nunnenkamp, Wan-Hsin Liu, Frank Bickenbach
- Publication Date: 03-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
- Abstract: P. Chidambaram, India's Minister of Finance, claimed that "FDI worked wonders in China and can do so in India." However, China's example may also point to the limitations of foreign direct investment (FDI) liberalization in promoting the host country's economic development. FDI in China is heavily concentrated in the coastal areas, and previous studies have suggested that this has contributed to the increasing disparity in regional income and growth since the late 1970s.
- Topic: Development, Economics, International Trade and Finance, Foreign Direct Investment
- Political Geography: China, South Asia, India