You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Political Geography Brazil Remove constraint Political Geography: Brazil Topic Globalization Remove constraint Topic: Globalization
- Author: Kevin P. Gallagher
- Publication Date: 02-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
- Abstract: Almost immediately after taking office, the Obama administration charged the U.S. Department of State's Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy with reviewing the U.S. Model bilateral investment treaty (BIT). The group established a sub-committee of business groups, labor and environmental organizations, and a handful of academic experts and tasked it to make official recommendations for reforming U.S. investment treaties. When completed, the Obama Administration hopes to proceed with official negotiations with China, India, Vietnam, and possibly Brazil.
- Topic: Economics, Globalization, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: United States, China, India, Brazil, Vietnam