You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa Topic Globalization Remove constraint Topic: Globalization
- Author: Nilgün Gökgür
- Publication Date: 04-2011
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
- Abstract: There are no up-to-date systematic data on the size, composition, ownership structure, and economic weight of state-owned enterprises (SOEs), so we are unable to assess the impact of SOE performance on stakeholders in domestic and overseas markets. Yet there is sufficient evidence of their expansion, especially following the 2008 financial crisis. Emerging markets, led by China, are now increasingly encouraging their SOEs to expand globally as multinational enterprises (MNEs).
- Topic: Economics, Emerging Markets, Globalization, Markets
- Political Geography: Africa, China