You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS) Political Geography Israel Remove constraint Political Geography: Israel
- Author: Jochen Prantl
- Publication Date: 04-2011
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS)
- Abstract: Existing work on energy security tends to over-emphasise the prospect of competition and conflict over resources while under-exploring the promise of cooperation. This policy brief provides a framework for understanding energy security cooperation and highlights some building blocks for crafting such cooperation in East Asia. At present, instead of an integrated regime, issues related to energy security are addressed through a patchwork of loosely coupled rules, regulations and institutions, overlapping and sometimes competing, which amount to a regime complex. This policy brief stipulates that an energy security regime complex may have advantages over an integrated regime, most notably in terms of adaptability, flexibility and voice, features which are particularly pertinent in an environment of high vulnerability and uncertainty.
- Topic: Security, Energy Policy, Regional Cooperation
- Political Geography: Israel, East Asia