You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS) Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Topic Agriculture Remove constraint Topic: Agriculture
- Author: Paul Teng, Margarita Escaler
- Publication Date: 10-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies (NTS)
- Abstract: Over the last four decades, Brazil has transformed its agricultural sector to become the first tropical agricultural giant and the first to challenge the dominance of the world's major food exporters. This paper examines the secrets of Brazil's success and ponders whether Asia should try to emulate the Brazilian model to help achieve food security for its people and contribute to an increased level of selfsufficiency in the region.
- Topic: Agriculture, International Trade and Finance, Food
- Political Geography: Asia, Brazil, Latin America