You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Center for a New American Security Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for a New American Security Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Markets Remove constraint Topic: Markets
- Author: Elizabeth Rosenberg, Zachary K. Goldman
- Publication Date: 06-2015
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Center for a New American Security
- Abstract: The United States has long relied on its economic power to protect and advance its interests abroad. In an increasingly integrated international financial system, the U.S. economy and capital markets remain the largest in the world by almost every measure. This status affords the United States an important global leadership position and the ability to shape foreign policy outcomes with economic tools. The structure of the international trade and financial system, in which many significant banking and energy transactions as well as currency reserves are denominated in U.S. dollars, reinforces the central role of the United States.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Economics, Globalization, International Trade and Finance, Markets, Power Politics
- Political Geography: United States