You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Political Geography South Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: South Africa Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Environment Remove constraint Topic: Environment
- Author: Kevin Ummel
- Publication Date: 09-2013
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: South Africa and many other countries hope to aggressively expand wind and solar power (WSP) in the coming decades. This presents significant challenges for power system planning. Success hinges largely on the question of how and where to deploy WSP technologies. Well-designed deployment strategies can take advantage of natural variability in resources across space and time to help minimize costs, maximize benefits, and ensure reliability.
- Topic: Climate Change, Development, Economics, Energy Policy, Environment, Industrial Policy
- Political Geography: South Africa