You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography South Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: South Asia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Democratization Remove constraint Topic: Democratization
- Author: Husain Haqqani
- Publication Date: 10-2002
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: Pakistan has become a strategic U.S. ally in the war against al Qaeda. For now, Washington's support of General Pervez Musharraf's military regime is untempered by any insistence on the restoration of democracy. But military rule is likely to increase hostility between Pakistan and India and undercut efforts to root out Islamic extremists, who have been the armed forces' political allies in the past.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Policy, Democratization
- Political Geography: Pakistan, United States, America, South Asia, Washington