You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography Pakistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Pakistan Topic Bilateral Relations Remove constraint Topic: Bilateral Relations
- Author: Ashley J. Tellis
- Publication Date: 10-2009
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: The United States and India share the fundamental objective of preserving an Asia that is peaceful, prosperous, and free. Without security, India's meteoric rise cannot continue. While New Delhi can manage Pakistan, its longtime regional adversary, it will have more difficulty confronting the challenges posed by a rising China. As a result, India will continue to depend on the United States to preserve order in Asia until it can protect its own interests there.
- Topic: Ethnic Conflict, Terrorism, Power Politics, Bilateral Relations
- Political Geography: Pakistan, United States, China, India, Asia