You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Democracy Remove constraint Topic: Democracy
- Author: Frank Gorenc
- Publication Date: 04-2019
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: As the world enters an era of great-power competition, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) faces a renewed challenge from an old adversary. A Europe whole, free, and at peace is now at risk as Russian aggression challenges the traditional rules-based world order. Russia’s activities in and against Ukraine and Georgia, rampant intrusion on Western democratic processes and political discourse, blatant assassination attempts on NATO soil, support for rogue regimes in Syria and Iran, and military deployments and force accumulation in Kaliningrad and Crimea, as well as in the Sea of Azov, demonstrate that the threat is as real and compelling as it ever was.
- Topic: International Affairs, Democracy, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: Global Focus