You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Democratization Remove constraint Topic: Democratization
- Author: Roger F. Noriega
- Publication Date: 02-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Abstract: El Salvador will choose a new president in a runoff election on March 9. The nation's decision may prove critical to Salvadoran democracy and regional security, in light of substantial evidence linking the ruling party candidate to narcotraffickers, terrorist groups, and violent street gangs. Moreover, foreign interference in the form of billions of dollars in Venezuelan oil revenues has given the ruling party an advantage, despite the fact that its economic policies have increased poverty and stunted economic growth.
- Topic: Corruption, Crime, Democratization, Narcotics Trafficking
- Political Geography: Latin America