You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Al Jazeera Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Al Jazeera Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Political stability Remove constraint Topic: Political stability
- Publication Date: 05-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Al Jazeera
- Abstract: After two meetings between Turkey’s President Erdogan and Prime Minister Davutoglu in the span of less than a week, Davutoglu announced his resignation as head of government and head of the AKP party on 5 May 2016. This policy brief examines the key points of contention between Erdogan and Davutoglu, the republic’s governmental crisis, the impact of Davutoglu’s resignation on the Justice and Development (AKP) Party and the possibility of constitutional reform that will change the country’s system of governance.
- Topic: Democratization, Political Power Sharing, Political stability
- Political Geography: Turkey