You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution ￼￼The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: ￼￼The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Efraim Inbar
- Publication Date: 07-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: ￼￼The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA)
- Abstract: The United States is retreating from the Middle East. The adverse implications of this policy shift are manifold, including: the acceleration of Tehran’s drive to regional hegemony, the palpable risk of regional nuclear proliferation following the JCPOA, the spread of jihadist Islam, and Russia’s growing penetration of the region. Manifest US weakness is also bound to have ripple effects far beyond the Middle East, as global players question the value of partnership with an irresolute Washington.
- Topic: International Relations, International Security
- Political Geography: America, Middle East