You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Geopolitics Remove constraint Topic: Geopolitics
- Author: Yang Jiang, Aki Tonami, Adam Moe Fejerskov
- Publication Date: 11-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: China actively seeks to expand its overseas investment in critical infrastructure. This involvement makes host countries uneasy especially in the West, even though financial benefits sometimes override broader national interests and security issues. China’s attempts to invest in overseas critical infra- structure, defined as infrastructure closely related to sovereignty and national security, has become a sensitive issue to host country governments parti- cularly in the West. They fear that Chinese investment in nuclear and telecommunications infrastructures entails consequences for nuclear security and safety and information security respectively. This policy brief provides an overview of how various countries have received Chinese interest in nuclear power and telecommunications.
- Topic: International Political Economy, International Security, Nuclear Power, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: China, Global Focus