You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Brookings Institution Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Brookings Institution Political Geography East Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: East Asia Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Author: Edward J. Lincoln
- Publication Date: 06-2002
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Brookings Institution
- Abstract: The Japanese economy has undergone a decade of sluggish growth marked by three recessions, including the current one. This time, recession is accompanied by general price deflation, a situation unprecedented among industrialized nations since the Great Depression of the 1930s. Meanwhile, the financial sector sits on a rising mountain of bad loans. A serious financial crisis and deeper recession are real possibilities.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance
- Political Geography: Japan, Israel, East Asia