You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Ihsan D. Dagi
- Publication Date: 08-2008
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: SETA Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research
- Abstract: The Constitutional Court ruled not to close down the AK Party, relieving Turkey from an unprecedented level of political uncertainty, social and economic turmoil, and potential chaos. Instead, the court chose to keep the ruling party under close scrutiny by declaring it “a focal point of anti-secular activities,” and imposing financial measures.
- Topic: Government, Islam, Politics
- Political Geography: Europe, Turkey, Middle East