You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Economist Intelligence Unit Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Economist Intelligence Unit Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Publication Date: 07-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Economist Intelligence Unit
- Abstract: The Economist Intelligence Unit has lowered its 2014 forecast for real GDP growth to 2.2% from 2.5%. Employment and consumer confidence are strong but the weather-induced slump in the economy at the start of the year was worse than first thought. We expect real GDP to expand by more S economic outlook than 3% at an annual rate in the final three quarters of 2014 and by 3.2% in 2015. Job growth has averaged 231,000 a month over the past four months, and the unemployment rate of 6.3% is the lowest for five years.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance, Labor Issues, Financial Crisis