You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan Topic Law Remove constraint Topic: Law
- Author: Helene Maria Kyed, Peter Albrecht
- Publication Date: 12-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: Most people in the world do not take it for granted that the state can or will provide justice and security. Donors who seek to improve access to these services should abandon their concern with 'what ought to be' and focus on 'what works'. This means supporting the providers that exist, and accepting that while wholesale change is not possible, gradual improvement is.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Aid, Governance, Law
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, Sierra Leone