You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Center for Transatlantic Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Transatlantic Relations Political Geography Arabia Remove constraint Political Geography: Arabia Topic Peace Studies Remove constraint Topic: Peace Studies
- Author: Loretta Bondi
- Publication Date: 07-2004
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Center for Transatlantic Relations
- Abstract: We discuss initiatives that the League of Arab States and US allies and partners have put on the table to foster reform, change, and security in the Middle East. These initiatives have met both support and skepticism before and after they were formally launched at the summit of the League (Tunis, May 2004), and during the summits of the G8, US/EU, and NATO taking place the following month. We assess these developments with the League of Arab States Secretary General Amre Moussa, and Marina Ottaway, Senior Associate and Co-Director of the Rule of Law and Democracy Project at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. The CTR conducted these two interviews separately by telephone from The Hague, and in Washington, DC, in July 2004.
- Topic: Security, Peace Studies
- Political Geography: United States, Middle East, Arabia