You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Asia Society Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Asia Society Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States
- Author: Priscilla Clapp, Suzanne DiMaggio
- Publication Date: 02-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Asia Society
- Abstract: In January 2012, an Asia Society delegation visited Burma/Myanmar to engage in a Track II dialogue with the Myanmar Development Resources Institute (MDRI), a newly created, independent think tank based in Yangon. The MDRI participants in the dialogue include advisors with a mandate to provide policy advice in the areas of political, economic, and legal affairs to President Thein Sein and his government. The goal of this informal dialogue is to establish an ongoing channel of communication between experts from both countries and to explore opportunities to advance U.S.–Myanmar relations during a particularly fluid and fragile period of transition in Myanmar.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Democratization, Development, Diplomacy
- Political Geography: United States, Asia, Southeast Asia, Myanmar