You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Political Geography Washington Remove constraint Political Geography: Washington Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Journal Connections Remove constraint Journal: Connections Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Publication Date: 11-2013
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Connections
- Institution: Partnership for Peace Consortium of Defense Academies and Security Studies Institutes
- Abstract: ISAF's mission in Afghanistan has shifted from a combat role to focus more on pre- paring ANSF units to assume lead security responsibility by the end of 2014. A key element in advising and assisting the ANSF is SFA advisor teams, provided by the U.S. Army and Marine Corps. A House Armed Services Committee report accompa- nying its version of the Fiscal Year 2013 National Defense Authorization Act directed GAO to review DOD's establishment and use of SFA advisor teams. Specifically, GAO evaluated the extent to which (1) DOD, in conjunction with ISAF, has defined SFA advisor team missions, goals, and objectives; (2) the Army and Marine Corps have been able to provide teams; and (3) the Army and Marine Corps have developed programs to train teams for their specific missions. GAO reviewed doctrine and guid- ance, analyzed advisor requirements, reviewed training curricula, and interviewed Army, Marine Corps, theater command, and SFA advisor team officials in the U.S. and Afghanistan.
- Topic: Government
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, United States, Washington