You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Journal Americas Quarterly Remove constraint Journal: Americas Quarterly Topic Markets Remove constraint Topic: Markets
- Publication Date: 04-2014
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Americas Quarterly
- Institution: Council of the Americas
- Abstract: World Cup Update Following the 2014 World Cup? Read more coverage here. With preparations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup nearing completion, soccer fans across the region can turn their attention to what really matters: their national team's chances of winning on the world's biggest stage. Although European teams have won four of the last six competitions, South American teams have historically fared far better when playing at home. The World Cup draw last December placed the 32 qualifying teams in eight groups of four. From June 12 to June 26, each team will play the other teams in its group in a round- robin format. The top two teams from each group will advance to the elimination round. Not all groups are created equal, so here are some predictions for the hemisphere's 10 qualifying teams.
- Topic: Development, Markets
- Political Geography: Europe, Brazil, South America