You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Journal Ambassadors Review Remove constraint Journal: Ambassadors Review Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Publication Date: 03-2008
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Ambassadors Review
- Institution: Council of American Ambassadors
- Abstract: President Bush and President Putin issued on April 6, 2008, in Sochi [Russia], a Declaration setting forth a framework for strategic cooperation between the United States and Russia. The Declaration outlines key elements of ongoing and new strategic initiatives between the two countries, including steps to promote security in the face of new and emerging threats; prevent the spread of weapons of mass destruction; combat global terrorism; and advance economic cooperation. The Strategic Framework Declaration also acknowledges differences between the two countries, while agreeing to discuss these differences in a forthright manner without allowing these differences to prevent cooperation in other important areas.
- Topic: International Relations, Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, Europe, Asia, Sochi