You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Publishing Institution The European Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The European Institute Political Geography Turkey Remove constraint Political Geography: Turkey Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Publication Date: 09-2008
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: European Affairs
- Institution: The European Institute
- Abstract: All this year the EU has been grappling with challenges coming from its periphery: Kosovo's fate, Turkey's evolution, and immigration flows north across the Mediterranean. The idea of closer ties among all the countries around the Med was an ambitious attempt to come to grips with the southern problems. The war in Georgia demonstrated that there are hotter issues for the EU to the east.
- Topic: International Relations, Cold War
- Political Geography: Turkey, Kosovo, Georgia