You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Publishing Institution S.Rajaratnam School of International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: S.Rajaratnam School of International Studies Political Geography Singapore Remove constraint Political Geography: Singapore Topic Islam Remove constraint Topic: Islam
- Publication Date: 01-2015
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Counter Terrorist Trends and Analysis
- Institution: S.Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Abstract: We are happy to publish Volume 7, Issue 1 (January/ February 2015) of the Counter Terrorist Trends and Analysis (CTTA) by the International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. From a terrorism and counterterrorism perspective, the year 2014 was particularly significant. This was due as much to the potential impact of drawdown of US and International Security Assistance Forces (ISAF) from Afghanistan as to the declaration of the establishment of a so-called Islamic Caliphate by the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS). While the former has emboldened old and established groups like Al Qaeda Central, the Afghan Taliban, the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, among others, the claim of the establishment of the “so called Islamic State” by ISIS seem to have galvanized disparate elements within the Muslim world, drawing fighters in thousands to Iraq and Syria and spurring radicalization and extremism in many countries in an unprecedented scale.
- Topic: Islam
- Political Geography: Iraq, Syria, Singapore