You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Publishing Institution National Defense University Press Remove constraint Publishing Institution: National Defense University Press Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Journal PRISM Remove constraint Journal: PRISM
- Author: Michael Miklaucic
- Publication Date: 12-2014
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: PRISM
- Institution: National Defense University Press
- Abstract: The hardest call during my first year in the Senate was my vote to authorize military force in Syria to punish President Bashar al-Assad for using chemical weapons against his citizens. When I was sworn in on January 3rd, 2013, I expected difficult votes. But I did not anticipate such a profound vote within my first nine months. Only the 18 Senators who serve on he Foreign Relations Committee had to take that vote on September 4, following President Barack Obama's decision to ask Congress to formally authorize a military response. But as tough as the vote was, I am glad the President brought it to Congress instead of proceeding on his own.
- Political Geography: America