You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Publishing Institution Institute for Palestine Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute for Palestine Studies Political Geography Washington Remove constraint Political Geography: Washington Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Security Remove constraint Topic: Security
- Publication Date: 05-2012
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Journal of Palestine Studies
- Institution: Institute for Palestine Studies
- Abstract: It has been ten years since the four most powerful players in the Middle East peace process-the United States, the European Union, Russia, and the United Nations-came together under the diplomatic umbrella known as the Quartet. Formed in response to the outbreak of the second intifada in late 2000 and the collapse of peace negotiations a few months later, the Quartet appeared ideally suited for dealing with the seemingly intractable con!ict between Israelis and Palestinians. Its small but powerful membership allowed it to act swiftly and decisively, while its informal structure gave it the !exibility needed to navigate crises and adapt to changing developments on the ground.
- Topic: Security
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, Europe, Washington, Middle East, United Nations