You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Publishing Institution Academy of Political Science Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Academy of Political Science Political Geography Turkey Remove constraint Political Geography: Turkey Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Ramazan Kiling
- Publication Date: 07-2014
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Political Science Quarterly
- Institution: Academy of Political Science
- Abstract: Ramazan Kilinç argues that at critical junctures, structural factors weaken and actors are enabled to gain strength for future political trajectories. He applies this argument to democratic consolidation in Turkey. He ﬁnds that the 1997 military intervention unintentionally led to the eventual outcome of democratic consolidation. In the absence of this catalyst, it might have taken several more years for structural factors to generate democratization.
- Political Geography: Turkey