You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Journal Ambassadors Review Remove constraint Journal: Ambassadors Review
- Author: Roberta S. Jacobson
- Publication Date: 05-2015
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Ambassadors Review
- Institution: Council of American Ambassadors
- Abstract: The Western Hemisphere is a top priority for the United States because important national interests are at stake. Available metrics—including public opinion polls, levels of trade and investment, cultural and family ties, security cooperation, and shared democratic values—support the view that the United States remains an influential actor and vital partner in the region. The Obama administration's policy for the hemisphere seeks to forge equal partnerships with the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. These partnerships build upon the promising destiny of this hemisphere, based first and foremost on shared values, as well as on geographic proximity, demographic connections, and common interests. These shared values and common interests, along with the region's increasing capabilities, also mean we can work collectively to address global challenges that require more than just national or regional action.
- Political Geography: United States, Latin America, Caribbean