You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Political and institutional effectiveness Remove constraint Topic: Political and institutional effectiveness
- Author: Nancy Porsia
- Publication Date: 02-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Italian Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI)
- Abstract: Fighting at Tripoli’s international airport was still under way when, in July 2014, the diplomatic missions of European countries, the United States and Canada were shut down. At that time Italy decided to maintain a pied-à-terre in place in order to preserve the precarious balance of its assets in the two-headed country, strengthening security at its local headquarters on Tripoli’s seafront. On the one hand there was no forsaking the Mellitah Oil & Gas compound, controlled by Eni and based west of Tripoli.
- Topic: Migration, Political and institutional effectiveness
- Political Geography: Global Focus