You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Third Way Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Third Way Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Employment Remove constraint Topic: Employment
- Author: Gabe Horwitz
- Publication Date: 09-2018
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Third Way
- Abstract: The basic tenets of Unemployment Insurance (UI) have changed little since the program was enacted during the Great Depression. It was built as a bridge for workers between jobs in similar industries that required similar skills. You lose your job and a weekly check tides you over until you land a new one, usually doing the same type of work as before.
- Topic: International Affairs, Employment
- Political Geography: Global Focus