You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Political Geography Egypt Remove constraint Political Geography: Egypt Topic Popular Revolt Remove constraint Topic: Popular Revolt
- Publication Date: 07-2013
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS)
- Abstract: How should analysts understand the combination of the June 30 massive popular mobilization and the July 3 military coup against then-President Mohamed Morsi? Should these events be understood as a continuation of the January 25 revolution, a second revolution, a straightforward military coup, or a restoration of the Mubarak-era order? Does the blame for the failure of Egypt’s first popularly elected presidency lie with Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood, with a recalcitrant opposition, with a resistant state, or with the deep problems which any transitional leadership would have confronted? Can a pathway toward a democratic order still be found?
- Topic: Civil Society, Democratization, Popular Revolt
- Political Geography: Egypt