You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution LSE IDEAS Remove constraint Publishing Institution: LSE IDEAS Political Geography Iran Remove constraint Political Geography: Iran Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years
- Author: Bryan R. Gibson
- Publication Date: 12-2015
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: LSE IDEAS
- Abstract: After nearly 20 months of near continuous negotiations, in 2015 Iran and the P5+1 reached a deal designed to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons capability in exchange for relief from the sanctions that have been crippling its economy over the course of the past decade. How was this momentous agreement reached? This Strategic Update traces the story of this major diplomatic breakthrough, through the historical context of long term US-Iran relations and the tireless international effort to prevent domestic political crises from derailing the negotiations.
- Topic: International Affairs, Nuclear Power
- Political Geography: Iran