You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution European Policy Centre Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Policy Centre Topic Climate Change Remove constraint Topic: Climate Change
- Author: Romain Pardo
- Publication Date: 07-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: European Policy Centre
- Abstract: The Trump administration's decision to withdraw from the Paris agreement will make its implementation more challenging. The United States (US) had been instrumental in brokering a successful deal in Paris and speeding the ratification process for an early entry into force of the agreement. While the US remains party to the agreement for the next four years, its involvement in upcoming international climate discussions remains uncertain. Meanwhile, policy developments in the country such as the "Energy Independence Executive Order" indicate that the current administration has currently no intention to fulfil the pledge made by the previous one to lower CO2 emissions by 26 to 28% below 2005 levels in 2025.
- Topic: Climate Change, Environment, International Development
- Political Geography: Global Focus