You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Elcano Royal Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Elcano Royal Institute Political Geography European Union Remove constraint Political Geography: European Union Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Daniel Keohane
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Elcano Royal Institute
- Abstract: It is vital that France, Germany and the UK cooperate constructively on military matters after the British leave the EU. Supporters of EU defence policy have seized on the Brexit decision of the British people as an opportunity to strengthen that policy. In the past the UK had blocked some proposals, which France, Germany and others now wish to implement. But a more energised EU defence on paper will not quickly transform into a stronger policy in practice. More important for the security of Europeans is that France, Germany and the UK ensure that they cooperate constructively on military matters after the British leave the EU.
- Topic: International Security, International Affairs
- Political Geography: European Union