You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution European Policy Centre Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Policy Centre Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Climate Finance Remove constraint Topic: Climate Finance
- Author: Marco Giuli
- Publication Date: 07-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: European Policy Centre
- Abstract: The United States (US) has always been a key player in the European Union’s energy security, as a supporter of its gas supply diversification plans. The Trump administration is underlining the US’ role as a gas exporter. This shift of tone from a strategic to a commercial approach risks furthering divisions and mistrust among European Union (EU) member states, with potential negative effects for the Energy Union.
- Topic: Climate Finance, International Development
- Political Geography: Global Focus