You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Political Geography Washington Remove constraint Political Geography: Washington Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years
- Author: Christine Mahoney
- Publication Date: 03-2008
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Georgetown University Press
- Abstract: Lobbying Is A Thriving industry on both sides of the Atlantic. K Street is notorious in Washington as the locus of high-powered lobbyists, with the Hill as the primary object of their attention. Round Point Schuman and Avenue de Cortenbergh form the geographical center in Brussels, with lobbyists descending on Berlaymont and Parliament. Both systems involve a wide range of advocates juggling for a role in the policymaking process, from beekeepers to chemical manufacturers, environmentalists to fishermen, recreational boaters to soda makers. If you can think of an interest, industry, institution, or idea, you can probably find a representative promoting its case in the two capitals.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, Bilateral Relations
- Political Geography: United States, Europe, Washington, Brussels